Kate is a Native English teacher with over 7+ years of experience in enriching the English Learning Environment in Secondary Schools, including Band 1-3. She has a detailed knowledge of the current HK syllabus and can provide one on one exam practice to bump up student’s performance to give them that edge in such a competitive environment. Her expertise is in Literature & Language Arts.
What Services does Kate offer?
Kindergarten & Pre School
- Reading aloud and story time
- Speaking to improve pronunciation & phonetics
- Listening to songs, learning through games and movies
Primary & Secondary
- Tailor made material (comprehension passages & exercises on a range of topics catered to students learning pace and weaknesses)
- Vocabulary using real life English
- Grammar practice
- Language Arts through literary analysis
- Examination Skills – reading for content vs specific detail
- P6 to S1 Interview training
- SBA & HKDSE (Group Discussion & Individual Response)
- Debate practice for inter-school competitions
- Speech Festivals (Solo Verse)
- Creative Writing & the use of literary devices in Literature
- Short to long essay writing (organisation and structure)
- BBC learning websites
- Kate has also published her own series of Grammar Textbooks “Grammar Practice & Common Mistakes” for S1-S3.
- Kate offers one to one, group and online tutoring sessions* face to face or through Zoom or Whatsapp. (Min. 15 mins per session.) Message for quotation.
For parents, please send a brief overview of the textbook & what your child is learning so teaching materials can be modified. This can be provided in the main body of your message under ‘Contact Me’.
*due to the current epidemic situation online sessions are the preferred method until further notice.