Kate is a Native English teacher with 10 years of experience in enriching the English Learning Environment in Secondary Schools, through to GCSE & A Level. She has a detailed knowledge of the current HK and UK syllabus and can provide one on one exam practice to bump up student’s performance to give them that edge in such a competitive environment. (She also caters to Kindergarten & Primary clients.) Her expertise is in Literature, Creative Writing & Grammar.
What Services does Kate offer?
Kindergarten & Pre School
- Reading a comprehensive range of books together to increase vocabulary
- Speaking to improve pronunciation & phonetics (through general chat or topic based!)
- Listening to songs, movies & other resources (audiobooks etc)
- Writing to improve sentence structure, creativity & grammar (in the form of story writing and so on)
Each lesson will be tailor made to suit the child. Supplementary materials will be provided in the form of worksheets, activities, videos, matching games, Youtube and so on. Msg for sample lesson plan and rates. Please state the child’s age in your e-mail.
Primary & Secondary
- Tailor made material (comprehension passages & exercises on a range of topics catered to students learning pace and weaknesses)
- Vocabulary using real life English
- Grammar practice
- Language Arts through literary analysis
- Examination Skills – reading for content vs specific detail
- P6 to S1 Interview training
- SBA & HKDSE (HK syllabus)
- IELTS (International)
- GCSE (AQA/OCR/ Pearson Edexcel exam board etc for UK syllabus)
- Speech Festivals (Solo Verse)
- Creative Writing & the use of literary devices in Literature to get higher marks
- Exam focus e.g) Short to long essay writing (with focus on organisation and formal structure)
- BBC learning websites
- Podcasts, Audio recordings, Youtube and so on
- Kate has also published her own series of Grammar Textbooks “Grammar Practice & Common Mistakes” for S1-S3, along with a YA novel “Caskets of Ice“.
- Kate offers one to one, group and online tutoring sessions through Zoom. Message for quotation.
For parents, please send a brief overview of what your child is learning, their strengths, weaknesses and hobbies. This may be modified over the weeks to cater to the student individually. This can be included in the main body of your message under ‘Contact Me’.
For further information regarding payment & availability, refer to the ‘Tuition Rules’ tab.
2 thoughts on “Tuition Services Offered”
100% recommended. Well done!! Thankyou
Hi Christine, it’s very nice to meet you, please do send me a private msg through the contact me page- which will go directly to my e-mail. I’m currently unable to contact you through the link here. Thanks a lot and speak soon 🙂