Thanks so much to Josh at Been There, Read That for your kind nomination! The idea behind this award is to promote new and obscure blogs, to help them gain followers and readers.
Here are the rules for this award:
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions from the individual who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers (with under 200 followers) and come up with your own 11 questions. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
- Inform your nominee on being nominated.
Okay, so here we go!
- Books are full of memorable quotes: which one is your favourite?
“Every book, every volume you see here, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens.” — Carlos Ruiz Zafon, The Shadow of the Wind
2. Out of all the fictional characters we’ve read about, there are plenty that we can all relate to; but which one do you relate to most?
Well this question just sparks off my indecisiveness. So for the sake of having an answer, I’m going to say Dorothy from Wizard of Oz. Loyal to the scarecrow, tries to do what is right by destroying evil and save those she cares about, determined on the path she must follow but unsure all the same, goes on crazy journeys and gets swept up in whirlwinds….But in the end she realises that the dream world only takes her so far, and there’s no place like home. (Not to mention she’s a gal with a craaazy imagination!)
3. Speaking of characters: who is your number one?
I’m going to say Scarlet O’Hara just because I finished “Gone with the Wind” recently- she’s not a particularly likeable character but she’s down to earth and someone I aspire to be more like despite her faults! She is enduring with a strong, spirited personality and weathers all storms!
4. You know all of those characters you love? if they were real, who would you most like to date?
So, so tricky. Can I say a character in a story I wrote? Ha! If not, then maybe Bowman in the “Wind on Fire” trilogy. (the last one, because otherwise he is definitely underaged!) he is reliable, loyal, not to mention has really high EQ skills and can talk to animals… but actually there are definitely dateable book characters- let’s face it, most of them are pretty perfect on paper.
5. What do you feel is the best book->movie adaptation?
I enjoyed “Holes”. I also liked the BBC (most BBC adaptations actually) of “Tess of the d’Urbervilles” and “Emma”. But generally I hold the view that books are better than films! And my favourite films were not books to start off with…
6.What book or book series would you like to become a movie?
I would say “The Wind on Fire” series, but I’m glad they haven’t been made into a movie as it would ruin it completely! And I am pretty positive I would not be happy with the main character choices!
7. If you were zapped into Middle-Earth, which race would you like to become?
Definitely an elf. They’re gorgeous. They’re super-fast and have awesome arrow shooting skills among other assets.
8. Come, tell us a story! How did you first get into reading?
I was reading as long as I remember, I used to borrow around 4 books a week from the local library. I guess my mum told me a funny story about how my grandmother used to prop my head up for me as a baby while I was glued to the pages…I also have a memory of reading Beatrix Potter in red trousers, but that’s just…random.
9. E-books, paperbacks, or hardbacks?
I would have said paperbacks, but now hardbacks. Having seen such beautiful leather covers that exist in the world, I can’t go back. Ever.
10. How many books do you think you’ve read in your entire life? Go on, take a guess!
Hundreds, thousands, millions. Ha joking…I have no idea.
11. As we have all probably though about this: if you could have saved one character in Harry Potter, who would it be and why?
Lupin & Tonks? That was unnecessary. Dobby’s death was traumatic- along with all those that died in the crossfire, yeah I would have saved them all, but that wouldn’t have made for good reading would it?
I now nominate:
It’s your turn lovely people! The questions:
- If you could be transported into a book- which would it be and why?
- Kindle or hard copy?
- What is your favourite fairy tale?
- Have you ever wanted to write your own novel/piece? If so, what inspired you to start writing?
- Is there a character you truly hate?
- What is your favourite book? Why?
- Do you prefer reading short stories, poetry or novels?
- If you could time travel, where would you go and why? (ok so, limited to book worlds)
- What do you think about the idea of leaving books in public places for others to read? Would you do this?
- Are your books well loved/dog eared and spine bent, or kept in pristine condition?
- Have you ever had a book signed by the author? If so what was it? If not, who would you want to sign your book?
Have fun, and looking forward to reading your answers! 🙂